Monday, August 6, 2007

More thoughts on an Alliance pacifist

After getting my priest most of the way to level 15 by exploring more dangerous areas, I've changed my mind about what class/race to use for my Alliance test. My priest is finding it harder and harder to explore, and bubbling & running doesn't last long against mobs 20 levels higher.

A rogue can sprint, and sprinting doesn't having problems with scaling the way bubbles/healing does. If I can run away fast enough, I can live. The gnome racial ability of escape artist helps, too.

As a level 5 gnome, I'll be able to use target dummies; level 10 doesn't give me any immediate improvement over a non-gnome, but at level 20 I can use (but not make) a Goblin Rocket Helmet, unlike non-gnome engineers. I could also make a Gnomish Battle Chicken (to act as more of a decoy) if I need one.

A pacifist rogue is also more obvious in an armory entry...

Finally, due to what I've found about exploring XP, I should start the character around a holiday that allows low level characters to earn a fair amount of XP; this will allow me to maximize the amount I get from exploring.

No comments: